- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In honor of April Fools’ Day, James Franco and Seth Rogen released a trailer for a fictitious sequel to their 2008 Judd Apatow-produced stoner comedy Pineapple Express. In actuality, the spoof trailer is a clever marketing ploy for Rogen and Franco’s real film, This Is the End.
The cast of the upcoming apocalyptic comedy includes an ensemble of Apatow regulars, including Jay Baruchel, Craig Robinson, Danny McBride and Jonah Hill.
In This Is the End, the six actors, who each play themselves in the film, get trapped inside Franco’s mansion after cataclysmic events devastate the Los Angeles area. As limited supplies and cabin fever threaten to tear apart their friendship, the group is forced to leave the house, thus facing their fate and ultimately strengthening their bonds.
The film is Rogen’s directorial debut and includes several celebrity cameos, including those made by Michael Cera, Emma Watson and Aziz Ansari.
This Is the End arrives in theaters June 14 via Columbia Pictures.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Power of the Dog
The Eyes of Tammy Faye
West Side Story