- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
He will join the movie’s human cast, which includes Kiersey Clemons as Darling and Thomas Mann as Jim Dear. Castro will play Marco, a hard working up-and-comer who has a soft spot for Tramp and likes to slip him scraps from the restaurant where he works.
Tessa Thompson is voicing Lady, and Justin Theroux will play Tramp, while Ashley Jensen is set to play Scottish Terrier Jackie, while Doctor Strange star Benedict Wong has been cast to voice English bulldog Bull.
The Lego Ninjago Movie filmmaker Charlie Bean is directing the remake, which is expected to debut on Disney’s upcoming digital streaming service, launching in 2019. Andrew Bujalski wrote the script. Jessica Virtue and Chaz Salembier are overseeing for Disney.
Castro, who is repped by WME and Avalon, is an alum of Comedy Central series Broad City and is working with the network on a sketch series Alternatino With Arturo Castro. He will also voice-star in the upcoming Lego Movie follow-up, The Second Part.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Next Big Thing