- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ashley Judd has nabbed one of the last major roles in Divergent, Summit/Lionsgate’s adaptation of the best-selling book by Veronica Roth.
The movie began shooting earlier this week in Chicago with Neil Burger in the director’s chair.
PHOTOS: 17 of the Most Popular YA Properties Adapted for TV and Film
Shailene Woodley, Kate Winslet and Theo James topline the movie, which is set in a future world where people are divided into distinct factions based on their personalities. A young woman (Woodley) finds out she is not a member of any group and must risk all to stop a war between the factions.
Judd will play Woodley’s mother, who watches her two children join other factions.
STORY: Shailene Woodley to Star in ‘Divergent’
Judd, who recently mulled a run for Senate, currently can be seen in Olympus Has Fallen, the surprise hit action movie with Gerard Butler and Aaron Eckhart.
She also has directed one of the five shorts for Lifetime’s Call Me Crazy, produced by Jennifer Aniston and Kristin Hahn, which premieres April 20.
Judd is repped by WME and Gang, Tyre.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day