- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Reactions to Ashton Kutcher‘s being cast as Steve Jobs in an upcoming indie biopic have been mixed, but one of the men who knew Jobs best is confident that Kutcher will deliver a carefully considered performance.
“The fear that many might have is that Ashton was selected because he’s ‘hot’ right now,” Wozniak said. “But I feel that his selection was done in the most professional manner. And I’m glad that he’s onboard. I think he’ll put a lot into it and that he cares about this particular subject… It’s almost too bad that Steve Jobs is gone. His opinions and guidance, as to the story and film crew and cast would have been invaluable.”
Though Wozniak long ago sold a majority of his Apple shares, the period in which he was closest with Jobs, the 1970s and 80s, will comprise much of the film’s narrative. Kutcher’s resemblance to the Jobs of that era has been noted by many as quite uncanny.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day