- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A kitten in New York appears to have a mutantlike healing ability, similar to that of Wolverine.
The severely burned male feline, estimated to be less than 6 months old, was found about three weeks ago with burns over half his body and four teeth missing, the New York Daily News reported.
Since that time, the kitten has healed far more quickly than expected, prompting the staff at Animal Care Centers of NYC to name the little fella Hugh Jackman, after the iconic Wolverine actor, who most recently starred in Logan.
“He’s incredibly resilient,” treating vet Dr. Tara Bellis told the Daily News. “You could call him a superhero cat.”
Vet staff are not sure how Hugh suffered such bad injuries. His burns continue to heal, and he appears to have no long-lasting hearing or vision problems, the Daily News reported.
Once Hugh has healed enough, he will be fostered by a vet staff member then go up for adoption. About $20,000 in donations has been used to save the kitten, according to the Daily News.
“This is a special case that we didn’t have the budget for,” Katy Hansen, a spokeswoman for Animal Care Centers of NYC, told the Daily News. “But when you meet this guy, you can’t help but fall in love.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day