- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Barry Sonnenfeld is in talks to direct the sci-fi actioner Lore for Warner Bros.
Dwayne Johnson is attached to star in the film, which sparked a bidding war in April that also involved Paramount and Sony. At the time, Warners scooped up Cory Goodman and Jeremy Lott’s adapted screenplay for seven figures in a progress-to-production deal and quickly set about attaching a director.
Mad Chance’s Andrew Lazar (Jonah Hex, Bound) is producing along with Circle of Confusion’s David Alpert and Rick Jacobs. Miri Yoon, Ted Adams and Ashley Wood are executive producers. Aperture Entertainment’s Adam Goldworm is a co-producer.
The project, based on a IDW book/graphic novel written by Wood and T.P. Louise, has been described as “Men in Black with mythological creatures.” The territory is familiar for Sonnenfeld, having most recently directed Men in Black 3 for Sony.
He is repped by WME and attorney Melanie Cook.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Chris Hemsworth Says Director Criticisms of MCU Are “Super Depressing,” Chalks Mixed ‘Thor 4’ Reviews Up to Movie Being “Too Silly”
‘White Men Can’t Jump’ Star Laura Harrier on Remixing the 1992 Classic, ‘Spider-Man’ Memories and ‘BlacKkKlansman’ Impact
Rachel Sennott, Ayo Edebiri Start a High School Fight Club to Hook Up With Cheerleaders in ‘Bottoms’ Trailer
‘The Flash’ Review: Ezra Miller Brings Kinetic Energy to a Movie Caught Up in Nostalgic DC Fan Service