- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Is that a hint?
Ben Affleck tantalized fans Monday with test footage of major DC Comics villain Deathstroke. Affleck, who is set to direct and star in a solo Batman film, shared a short snippet of the villain walking and menacing the camera.
Deathstroke was first introduced in the comics in 1980 in New Teen Titans No. 2. Born with the name Slade Wilson, Deathstroke is an expert assassin with super strength and stamina. He’s often been part of Green Arrow’s rogues’ gallery, and on TV has been played by Manu Bennett on CW’s Arrow.
— Ben Affleck (@BenAffleck) August 29, 2016
There’s already been plenty of speculation as to whom Affleck’s Dark Knight will face off against, with Suicide Squad introducing chief antagonist the Joker (Jared Leto) into the DC Extended Universe.
Affleck, whose Batman first appeared in March’s Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, also appeared in this summer’s Suicide Squad. The actor is currently shooting Warner Bros.’ Justice League in London, with Zack Snyder’s superhero teamup film set for Nov. 17, 2017.
No date has been set for Affleck’s solo film. He also will direct and star in the adaptation of Agatha Christie’s short story Witness for the Prosecution for 20th Century Fox.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Thor: Love and Thunder