- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Filmmaker Matt Reeves is behind The Batman, which is set to star Robert Pattinson as the Dark Knight, with other actors including Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman, Paul Dano as The Riddler, Jeffrey Wright as Batman ally Commissioner Gordon and Andy Serkis as Alfred Pennyworth.
Danny DeVito previously played The Penguin in Tim Burton’s 1992 film Batman Returns, while Burgess Meredith portrayed him on the 1960s Batman TV series and Robin Lord Taylor played a younger version of the character on Fox’s Gotham.
The Penguin, also known as Oswald Cobblepot, first debuted in the comics in 1941’s Detective Comics No. 58 and was created by writer Bill Finger and artist Gil Kane. He is known as a master manipulator and for his penguin-like physique and waddle. While he favors using henchmen to do his bidding, when confronted one-on-one The Penguin is known for using his umbrella as a weapon.
Farrell, who is repped by CAA, recently starred in Disney’s Dumbo and has Guy Ritchie’s The Gentlemen due out in January.
Warner Bros. is set to open The Batman on June 25, 2021.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
HBO Documentary Films