- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Universal’s new Battleship trailer is here!
I’m off the meds today. I’m juiced from last night’s Dark Knight Rises preview. And I wasn’t shot in Hollywood this morning.
So I’m genuinely excited about the trailer. There’s some good stuff in there, like Alexander Skarsgard’s face feeling the impact of a blast. There’s worldwide destruction, there’s aliens in robotic suits, there’s thumping vibro-mecho score that is on all the good trailers these days because it works.
Who cares that it looks exactly like a Michael Bay Transformers movie? Or that the only credits title card is “From Hasbro the Company That Brought You Transformers” (and no mention of director Pete Berg or actors Taylor Kitsch or Liam Neeson or Rihanna) which signals a new height in corporate branding?
The film is slated to hit theaters on May 18.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Santa Barbara International Film Festival
Zar Amir Ebrahimi
Winnie-the-Pooh: Blood and Honey
Your Place or Mine