- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Almost the entire cast is returning for the Ghostbusters sequel except two of the original actors: Rick Moranis and the late Harold Ramis. “They’re greatly missed for so many reason reasons. They were so much a part of the creation of it and the fun of it,” Murray, wearing a panda mask, told DeGeneres.
It is unclear why Moranis is not reprising his classic role of Louis Tully, but the actor is on record as saying he is super picky about choosing projects.
Ramis died in 2014 at the age of 69. His character, Egon Spengler, “is featured in the story of the movie,” Murray noted. “So, it will be very interesting.”
Ghostbusters: Afterlife moved off of its July 10 release date to March 5, 2021 due to the novel coronavirus pandemic. The Jason Reitman film stars Carrie Coon, Mckenna Grace and Finn Wolfhard. Paul Rudd also stars as a summer school teacher.
Watch the full Murray clip below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day