- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Doug Liman is directing the movie, which sees Cruise as a raw recruit who gets killed in action but, in Groundhog Day fashion, is reborn each day to fight and die again and again. He begins trying to train himself to be a better soldier in hopes of changing his fate.
Paxton would play a tough-as-nails platoon sergeant described in the script as “a living piece of leather.”
Emily Blunt is on board as a fellow soldier who has figured out the time loop.
Erwin Stoff, Tom Lassally and Jason Hoffs are producing. Jon Berg is overseeing for the studio.
A fall shoot in London is scheduled.
WME-repped Paxton is heading into this Emmy weekend with a nomination for History channel miniseries Hatfields & McCoys. He recently wrapped a turn in 2 Guns, the upcoming Denzel Washington-Mark Wahlberg action movie.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Stay on Board: The Leo Baker Story