- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The movie 2 Guns isn’t even out yet, but there’s already a sequel in the works.
In this case, however, it’s a comic sequel.
Creator Steven Grant is back as writer as is original cover artist Rafael Albuquerque. Joining them is Hack/Slash artist Emilio Laiso.
The plan is for the first issue of the six issue miniseries to hit stands around the same time as the movie, which opens Aug. 2.
2 Guns came out of Grant’s research on undercover cops — his original idea centered around a sting operation executed by undercover agents with competing interests. That eventually narrowed to a story featuring two undercover agents — one DEA, one Naval Intelligence — who run afoul of feds and mobsters.
The new story, Grant says, “comes off the events of 2 Guns. The guys haven’t seen each other and are on the outs with their agencies. They both independently end up on opposite sides of a deal going down with Russian weapons manufacturers and anti-government revolutionaries.”
Complicating matters is the arrival of a third “gun,” which is short for gunman. And the new gun is a she.
“If we keep this up, we’ll get to my original idea of all undercover cops,“ he says laughing.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day