- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Brenton Thwaites has nabbed a key role in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, Disney’s latest Jack Sparrow adventure.
Johnny Depp is back as Jack Sparrow, as is Geoffrey Rush, playing Barbosa, in the big tentpole that will shoot for five months next year in Australia.
Joachim Ronning and Espen Sandberg are directing.
Thwaites, who is in final negotiations, will play an Orlando Bloom/Will Turner equivalent in the new movie. The character’s name is Henry, and he’s a British soldier.
Javier Bardem is in final negotiations to be the movie’s villain, a ghost captain who blames Sparrow for the death of his brother and is searching for a supernatural object to aid him in revenge.
Pirates 5 is a nice way to cap off a busy year for Thwaites. The actor played the prince role in Disney’s Maleficent and he also starred in indie sci-fi movie The Signal and the high-profile YA adaptation of The Giver. He also wrapped Summit’s Gods of Egypt, Alex Proyas’ upcoming mythological adventure that also stars Gerard Butler.
He is repped by WME and Dan Spilo of Industry Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Bad Guys