- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Will Smith is shining a light on his next film, Bright.
The new trailer shows off more of the fantasy tale of a cop (Smith) and his Orc partner (Joel Edgerton).
The new look comes a few months after a spirited panel at San Diego Comic-Con, where David Ayer introduced the first trailer for the film and praised Netflix (while also knocking movie studios): “This ain’t no bullshit PG-13 studio movie. I was able to do my shit. I was able to do my thing.”
Bright was written by Chronicle screenwriter Max Landis, and finds its cop progatonist forced to outrun law enforcement, criminals and supernatural beings in order to protect a magical wand. At Comic-Con, Smith acknolwedged that his character didn’t always see the best in these creatures.
“It was really great to be an African-American police officer who found someone to be racist against,” Smith joked. The actor said the film’s social issues-inspired story is “a beautiful snapshot of our world, without hammering it too much.”
Bright is set to bow on Netflix on Dec. 22.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day