- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The trailer reveals that the film centers on a rural couple (Elizabeth Banks and David Denman), who discover an alien baby and adopt it. But no, this is no Superman. This child (Jackson A. Dunn) grows up not be a hero, but instead is a dark presence.
Gunn produced the project, which is directed by The Hive filmmaker David Yarovesky.
Brightburn has been shrouded in mystery, and more details originally were expected to be revealed in July at a San Diego Comic-Con panel, but that appearance was canceled, as it was scheduled just hours before Disney fired Gunn as director of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3. Gunn has since moved on to writing a Suicide Squad sequel for DC and Warner Bros.
James Gunn’s brother Brian Gunn and cousin Mark Gunn wrote the script for Brightburn. James Gunn produces with Kenneth Huang. Executive producers include Brian Gunn, Dan Clifton, Simon Hatt and Nic Crawley. The H Collective produced and financed the feature.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Bad Guys