- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bryan Cranston has joined the cast of Power Rangers, playing galactic sage Zordon in Lionsgate’s big-screen take on the 1990s kids television show.
Dean Israelite, who helmed the time-travel found-footage movie Project Almanac, is directing the project, which is being produced by Saban Brands’ Haim Saban and Brian Casentini as well as Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey of Temple Hill. Allison Shearmur will executive produce.
A quintet of relative newcomers — RJ Cyler, Becky G, Ludi Lin, Naomi Scott and Dacre Montgomery — are playing the teens who, infused with powers, form a colorful team who must stop the world from being conquered. Elizabeth Banks also will appear in the film, playing the classic Power Ranger character Rita Repulsa, an alien witch who has designs on the planet.
Burk Sharpless and Matt Sazama (The Last Witch Hunter, the upcoming Gods of Egypt) wrote the script.
Cranston, known for his starring role on AMC’s hit series Breaking Bad, was most recently seen in the biopic Trumbo. His upcoming films include comedy Why Him? opposite James Franco, The Masterpiece (directed by Franco) and Broad Green’s crime drama The Infiltrator. He is repped by UTA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day