- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lakeshore Entertainment brought the project to Cannes. Chad St. John, a co-writer on the Gerard Butler actioner London Has Fallen, penned the script for the project, which will be produced by Lakeshore’s Tom Rosenberg, Gary Lucchesi, Richard Wright and Eric Reid.
Peppermint is a revenge story centering on a young mother who finds herself with nothing to lose, and is now going to take from her rivals the very life they stole from her.
Lakeshore, who paid low-to-mid-seven figures for the package, aims to fast-track Peppermint and be in production by fall. The project is being described as a “female John Wick,” a reference to the smartly budgeted action franchise that reinvigorated actor Keanu Reeves.
Renee Tab and Chris Tuffin of Sentient Entertainment are executive producing Peppermint.
Peppermint is Liongate’s second acquisition of the festival after taking U.S. rights to Dragged Across Concrete, starringg Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day