- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The role was initially to be played by Rosario Dawson, but the Sin City and Seven Pounds actress left the project due to scheduling reasons. The movie is due to begin production in November in Los Angeles.
Brad Peyton is directing the micro-bugdet pic, which tells of “an unconventional exorcist — with the ability to tap into the subconscious of the possessed — who meets his match when a 9-year-old boy is possessed by a demon from his past,” according to Blumhouse.
Blumhouse and IM Global are co-financing, while Blumhouse International is handling international sales.
Blum is producing. Exec producing are Blumhouse’s Couper Samuelson, Stuart Ford, Charles Layton, Michael Seitzman, Trevor Engelson and Peyton.
Moreno broke into the industry with her acclaimed performance in 2004’s Maria Full of Grace, a role for which she earned an Oscar nomination. She most recently was one of the stars of FX’s crime show The Bridge and counts, among her feature credits, Steven Soderbergh’s two-part Che films.
She is repped UTA and Estelle Lasher at Principal Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sundance Film Festival