- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Snow White and the Huntsman actor is the latest to join the follow-up, to be directed by Francis Lawrence. Described as “charismatic” and “clever,” Finnick — from District 4 — won the Hunger Games when he was 14.
Claflin had been widely speculated to join the sequel, which is set to hit theaters Nov. 22, 2013. He joins new castmembers Jena Malone as Johanna Mason and Philip Seymour Hoffman as Plutarch Heavensbee.
Here’s the official logline for the film: “Catching Fire begins as Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) has returned home safe after winning the 74th annual Hunger Games along with fellow tribute Peeta Mellark (Josh Hutcherson). Winning means that they must turn around and leave their family and close friends, embarking on a ‘Victor’s Tour’ of the districts. Along the way, Katniss senses that a rebellion is simmering, but the Capitol is still very much in control as President Snow (Donald Sutherland) prepares the 75th annual Hunger Games (The Quarter Quell) — a competition that could change Panem forever.”
Claflin starred in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and as Prince William in Huntsman. He recently finished The Quiet Ones opposite Mad Men alum Jared Harris and Mary & Martha with two-time Oscar winner Hilary Swank.
Nina Jacobson‘s Color Force will produce with Jon Kilik.