- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The poster, which is exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, features the actress as Blondie frontwoman Debbie Harry, who she’ll portray in the upcoming film centered on the seminal New York rock club.
The film examines New York’s punk scene through CBGB, the club which helped launch the careers of Blondie, Talking Heads, Ramones and others. CBGB was owned by Hilly Kristal (played by Alan Rickman in the film), who in the late 1970s wanted to create a venue for country, bluegrass and blues music. When those acts became difficult to book, the club shifted its focus to local groups. CBGB closed in 2008.
Randall Miller directed the film and co-wrote the script with Jody Savin. The film’s cast includes Ashley Greene, Johnny Galecki, Joel David Moore, Stana Katic, Rupert Grint and Taylor Hawkins.
According to the filmmakers, the music-heavy CBGB features 50 songs and 16 on-camera performances. Miller and Savin’s Unclaimed Freight Productions is producing, along with former senior vp of Warner/Chappell Music Brad Rosenberger and Kristal’s daughter, Lisa Kristal Burgman.
THR will be debuting exclusive CBGB posters every day through Monday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day