- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The cast of CBGB is ready to join the punk revolution in the film’s new poster, which The Hollywood Reporter is debuting exclusively.
The film about the iconic New York club stars Malin Akerman, Ashley Greene, Johnny Galecki, Joel David Moore, Stana Katic, Rupert Grint and Taylor Hawkins. CBGB tells the story of New York’s punk rock scene through the lens of iconic club, which helped launch the careers of Patti Smith, Blondie, Talking Heads, and the Ramones. CBGB was owned by Hilly Kristal (played by Alan Rickman in the film), who started it in the 1970s. It shut down in 2008.
PHOTOS: Scores That Rock: 10 Musicians Who Crossed Over to Movies
Randall Miller directed the film and co-wrote the script with Jody Savin. Miller and Savin’s Unclaimed Freight Productions is producing, along with former senior vp of Warner/Chappell Music Brad Rosenberger and Kristal’s daughter, Lisa Kristal Burgman.
This is the final of five posters THR has debuted over the past week. See the others, honoring Joey Ramone, Debbie Harry, Patti Smith, and Stiv Bators.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day