- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Channing Tatum has joined the cast of Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Matthew Vaughn’s sequel to his 2014 action-spy hit, the actor tweeted Wednesday.
Taron Egerton and Mark Strong are the returning castmembers and Colin Firth is due to return as well, although in what capacity remains shrouded. The movie is casting up as it heads into a production start in early May in London. Julianne Moore, Halle Berry and Pedro Pascal are among the new castmembers named on the roll call.
The upcoming sequel continues the adventures of a wayward tough (Egerton) from the wrong side of London who was taken in and, a la Pygmalion, turned into the best and brightest of British operatives.
Tatum’s role is unclear as he was offered several, according to sources. The parts ranged from supporting to cameos. He could even end up playing himself.
Elton John also is in talks to join the production, and his role is equally being kept secret.
I’m about to get all up in that Golden Circle. #Kingsman pic.twitter.com/LqCPJ6monO
— Channing Tatum (@channingtatum) April 14, 2016
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day