- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
David Oyelowo is the latest actor to join Doug Liman’s Chaos Walking.
The post-apocalyptic thriller has amassed an A-list cast of talent that includes Nick Jonas, Tom Holland and Daisy Ridley, as well as Mads Mikkelsen, who will play the villain in the project alongside Oyelowo.
Adapted from a book by Patrick Ness, Chaos Walking take place on a planet colony where almost all women have been killed by a virus and all living creatures are struck by The Noise, a virus that inflicts immersive visions of one’s every thought. The story follows a guy (Holland) who discovers a girl (Ridley) who may be the key to understanding their New World.
Ness, Charlie Kaufman, Lindsey Beer, Gary Spinelli and John Lee Hancock all worked on the script. Allison Shearmur, Erwin Stoff and Doug Davison are producing.
Lionsgate has set the film for release March 1, 2019.
Oyelowo, who was nominated for an Oscar for his portrayal of Dr. Martin Luther King in Selma, is set for Nash Edgerton’s Gringo at Amazon and the new Cloverfield movie from Bad Robot and Paramount.
He is repped by CAA, Inphenate and Schreck Rose.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
THR Cover Story