- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Charlie Hunnam could soon be putting on a police uniform.
The British actor has become attached to star in Triple Nine, a cop drama that Anonymous Content is developing. Christoph Waltz and Cate Blanchett also are being eyed for roles but no deals are in place and financing is still coming together.
Megan Ellison‘s Panorama Media is packaging the project. FilmDistrict is in negotiations to come aboard for U.S. rights.
John Hillcoat (Lawless, The Road) is set to direct the thriller written by Matt Cook about an L.A. heist in which a group of thieves plan to kill a cop (a “Code 999” in police parlance) to divert authorities from their own crime scene across town. Hunnam could play the cop.
Anonymous’ Steve Golin, Bard Dorros and Keith Redmon are producing.
Hunnam is best known for his role on FX’s biker drama Sons of Anarchy, but he also starred in this month’s robots-vs.-monsters epic Pacific Rim. He next will reteam with Pacific Rim director Guillermo del Toro on Crimson Peak.
Hunnam is repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Walking Dead