- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Guillermo del Toro’s Pacific Rim has found its leading man.
Charlie Hunnam, the British actor who is one of the stars of FX’s Sons of Anarchy, is in negotiations to be the human lead in Legendary Pictures’ monster movie.
Pacific Rim, as the project is known, is the movie del Toro decided to focus on when his long-gestating adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft’s At the Mountains of Madness fell apart over budgetary issues and rating.
Rim is a monster movie that sees powerful extraterrestrial aliens threaten the Earth’s existence, attacking cities and nations neighboring the Pacific Ocean. To meet the threat head-on, humanity develops giant robots to fight them off.
The movie is influenced by mecha, the Japanese genre involving humans piloting robotic constructs.
The details of the role is being kept secret although online details describe the character as a pilot of one of the mechas that needs to climb back into the driver’s chair.
Hunnam is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Walking Dead