- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Terry Crews, who is part of the all-star cast of The Expendables 2, also has joined the production.
Sheen and Lohan will play what is being described by the studio as “the world’s hottest new couple” and with one or both being killed in the movie’s opening sequence.
Each Scary Movie has thrust a celebrity or two into its opening just to kill them in an over-the-top way. Sheen and Lohan will follow Pamela Anderson, Shaquille O’Neal, Dr. Phil and others into the pantheon of the dead.
Ashley Tisdale and Erica Ash are starring the latest movie, directed by Malcolm Lee and co-written and produced by comedy legend David Zucker. Zucker worked on the Airplane! and Naked Gun movies, and he wrote and directed Scary Movie 3 and 4, both of which Sheen appeared in.
The movie is due to begin shooting September with an eye toward an April 19 release.
Sheen is coming off a role as president of the United States in Robert Rodriguez‘ Machete sequel, while Lohan next stars as Elizabeth Taylor in the Lifetime telefilm Liz & Dick and is shooting the Los Angeles-based independent film The Canyons, written by Bret Easton Ellis.
Crews, whose casting was first reported by Blackfilm, also appears on HBO’s The Newsroom.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Santa Barbara International Film Festival