- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Charlie Sheen is in negotiations to play the U.S. president in Machete Kills, director Robert Rodriguez’s sequel to his Grindhouse action movie Machete.
Rodriguez made the announcement Thursday on Twitter, where he wrote, “I just cast Charlie Sheen in
#machetekills as the President of the United States! Who better? More soon…” Sheen retweeted that message, and a representative for the actor confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that negotiations are taking place.
PHOTOS: A Winning Day With Charlie Sheen on the Set of His FX Comeback Vehicle ‘Anger Management’
Rodriguez is currently in production on the sequel, which once again stars Danny Trejo as Machete and includes Jessica Alba, Mel Gibson, Amber Heard, Sofia Vergara and Zoe Saldana.
Sheen’s father, Martin Sheen, famously played the President in NBC’s The West Wing.
The new story sees Machete being called upon by the U.S. government to stop a cartel leader and an arms dealer who have a weapon in space.
The broadly-written part initially called for the president to be African-American and have a basketball court on the White House lawn but has since been rewritten.
Sheen, repped by manager Mark Burg and attorney Jake Bloom, next stars in FX’s comedy series Anger Management, which bows June 28.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day