- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Lights Out actor Gabriel Bateman will star opposite Aubrey Plaza and Brian Tyree Henry in MGM and Orion Picture’s upcoming remake of Child’s Play.
The movie follows the same plot as the 1980s original, centering on a single mom (Plaza) who gives her son (Bateman) a toy doll for his birthday, unaware that it is possessed by the soul of a serial killer.
Lars Klevberg, the Norwegian filmmaker behind the horror movie Polaroid, is directing the film, which is currently shooting in Vancouver. The script was penned by Tyler Burton Smith (Kung Fury 2).
Seth Grahame-Smith, David Katzenberg and Aaron Schmidt are producing.
Bateman is repped by Coast to Coast Talent Group and HG5 Entertainment; Plaza by CAA, MGMT and Schreck Rose; Henry by CAA, JWS Entertainment and Jackoway Austen.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Stay on Board: The Leo Baker Story