- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Chris Pine is in negotiations for Warner Bros.’ Wonder Woman, starring Gal Gadot.
Patty Jenkins, who at one point was to direct Thor 2 for rival Marvel Studios, is directing the female superhero movie. She came onboard in April after Michelle MacLaren exited the project citing creative differences.
If the deal sticks, Pine will play Steve Trevor, the love interest of Gadot’s Wonder Woman, Diana Prince. Warner Bros. had no comment on Pine’s casting.
Wonder Woman is set for release on Jun 23, 2017.
Pine’s recent projects include Z for Zachariah, Into the Woods and Horrible Bosses 2. He’ll next be seen in Coast Guard drama The Finest Hours with Ben Foster and Eric Bana, and he’ll also return for Star Trek 3. He’s repped by CAA, John Carrabino Management and Gendler & Kelly.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse’ Star Shameik Moore Says He Would Put His “Entire Being” Into Playing Miles Morales in Live-Action
‘Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse’ Star Hailee Steinfeld Talks Gwen’s Emotional Story and Live-Action Spider-Woman Possibilities
Hollywood Critics Association President Resigns, Citing “Hostile, Biased” Work Environment (Exclusive)