- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
From the looks of it, Chris Pratt and his newly acquired six-pack will be ready to guard the galaxy in next summer’s interstellar flick, based on the Marvel Comics’ superhero team.
The What’s Your Number? star posted a photo to his Instagram of his ultratoned chest and torso with a caption that read: “Six months no beer. Kinda douchey to post this but my brother made me.”
This is not the first time Pratt has had to bulk up for a role. For 2012’s Zero Dark Thirty, Pratt hit the gym in order to play a ripped Navy SEAL only to, shortly thereafter, pack on the pounds for the Vince Vaughn comedy Delivery Man.
Pratt spoke about his Delivery Man weight gain during an appearance on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno, saying, “I gained 60 pounds in about four-and-a-half months. I just did it the old-fashioned way: eating and drinking my face off.”
In Guardians, Pratt will play Peter Quill, the offspring of a human mother and an alien father who becomes the leader of an ex-con alien task force that must defeat cosmic threats.
Guardians also stars Zoe Saldana, Lee Pace, Karen Gillan and Glenn Close, and will hit theaters Aug. 1, 2014.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day