- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Chris Pratt is going from battling aliens and dinosaurs to fighting drug dealers.
The Jurassic World actor is in negotiations to star in an untitled action-thriller from Taylor Sheridan, the writer behind Hell or High Water and director of Wind River, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
David Heyman is producing the project, which is set up at Warner Bros.
Details are being kept classified, but the story is known to center on a black-ops team that targets drug dealers who have protection from certain federal agencies.
Pratt was due to shoot the action-thriller Cowboy Ninja Viking for Universal this fall and then segue into Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, but both of those projects have been shelved indefinitely. The former was paused due to script issues, the latter due to the firing of director James Gunn.
Pratt is coming off a one-two punch of starring in Avengers: Infinity War, which has grossed over $2 billion, and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, which has grossed over $1.3 billion.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day