- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This casting news is hitting like a thunderbolt. Christian Bale is in talks to join Marvel Studios’ Thor: Love and Thunder, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Character details are being kept in Odin’s Vault.
Chris Hemsworth is set to reprise his role as the God of Thunder, with Natalie Portman back in the mix, with her character Jane Foster taking on the mantle of Thor for this installment. Taika Waititi will return to the director’s chair following 2017’s Thor: Ragnarok, with Tessa Thompson also expected to return as Valkyrie.
Collider first reported the news of Bale’s casting.
The actor played Bruce Wayne/Batman in Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy, considered a high-water mark in comic book filmmaking. Bale has avoided franchises since the series concluded with 2012’s The Dark Knight Rises, though he for a time flirted with a role in Solo: A Star Wars Story.
The actor is a four-time Oscar nominee and is currently in the awards season conversation with Fox’s Ford v Ferrari. Bale, who is repped by WME, won a best supporting actor Oscar for 2010’s The Fighter.
Thor: Love and Thunder is set to open Nov. 5, 2021.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Bad Guys