- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Christoph Waltz, last seen training Jamie Foxx in the ways of bounty hunting in Django Unchained, is joining the cast of Stephen Gaghan’s action thriller Candy Store.
Lionsgate will distribute in North America. Good Universe is handling international sales and presenting the film as part of their slate in Cannes.
The story is set in the criminal underworld of Brooklyn and follows a former operative who discovers the global organization he fought is now in his backyard.
He teams up with a disgraced local cop (De Niro) to investigate, running afoul of an international sex trade entrepreneur (Sy), a Cold War consigliere posing as a typical American suburbanite (Waltz), and a beautiful girl, uncovering a plan to detonate a nuclear bomb in Manhattan.
Gaghan will direct and produce from a script he co-wrote with Shannon Burke. Gaghan is also producing, along with Allison Shearmur.
Good Universe’s Joe Drake, Nathan Kahane and Nicole Brown are executive producing alongside Flashlight Films’ Allyn Stewart and Kipp Nelson.
Good Universe’s Matt Leonetti will co-produce along with Suzanne Joskow.
Waltz is represented by ICM Partners.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Power of the Dog
Sundance Film Festival
THR Cover Story