- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Great Scott! After 25 years, Christopher Lloyd has returned to the role of Back to the Future‘s Doc Brown — for an advertisement promoting the character’s appearance in the upcoming Lego Dimensions videogame.
In the ad, Lloyd reprises the role he played in the trilogy of time-travel movies that ran from 1985 through 1990, even going so far as to tease his famous final line from the original movie, although this time around he admits that he’s not sure what won’t be needed (Originally, of course, we didn’t need roads).
Like Disney Infinity, the Lego Dimensions game will allow multiple franchises to co-exist, with characters from DC Entertainment’s superhero line, The Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, Jurassic World and The Simpsons having been identified as being part of the launch and subsequent releases. Each property will have its own lead character, vehicle or gadget and adventure play set.
Lego Dimensions will launch Sept. 27, with the release of the starter pack (featuring Batman, Gandalf and The Lego Movie‘s Wyldstyle) and Back to the Future Pack. Additional first-wave releases are expected to be announced shortly. Watch the Back to the Future trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day