- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Christopher McQuarrie is ready to accept another Mission: Impossible.
The writer-director, who helmed this year’s Rogue Nation, broke the news on Twitter that he will be returning for the sixth installment. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that McQuarrie will write, direct and produce.
McQuarrie simply wrote “Mission: Accepted #MI6” on Twitter. Tom Cruise will reprise his lead role as Ethan Hunt in the Paramount and Skydance film. Cruise will also produce with Bad Robot’s J.J. Abrams and Skydance’s David Ellison and Dana Goldberg.
Rogue Nation was co-written and directed by McQuarrie. It has earned $682.3 million worldwide to date.
McQuarrie previously wrote the scripts for 2014’s Edge of Tomorrow and 2013’s Jack the Giant Slayer. He also wrote and directed 2012’s Jack Reacher, also starring Tom Cruise. McQuarrie is repped by CAA, Key Creatives and Myman Greenspan.
Mission: Accepted #MI6
— ChristopherMcQuarrie (@chrismcquarrie) November 30, 2015
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
New York Film Festival
Academy Museum of Motion Pictures