- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Media Rights Capital, the company behind such films as Baby Driver and the upcoming Mortal Engines, is producing and financing Knives Out, which is said to hearken back to the more singular vision of Johnson’s movies such as Brick and Looper.
Craig will topline as a detective tasked with solving a modern-day whodunit murder mystery. Details on who Plummer, the veteran actor whose credits range from The Sound of Music to A Beautiful Mind, would play were not revealed.
Production began this week.
Plummer last starred in the Ridley Scott drama All the Money in the World. Stepping in at the last minute for original star Kevin Spacey, the actor played billionaire J. Paul Getty in scenes reshot prior to the movie’s release. The performance earned Plummer an Oscar nomination.
He is repped by ICM Partners and the Pitt Group.
MRC is owned by Valence Media, which is also the parent company of The Hollywood Reporter.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Tick... Tick... Boom!