- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ciaran Hinds has joined the cast of Agent 47, Fox International’s sequel to the 2007 action movie Hitman, currently in production in Berlin.
Rupert Friend is toplining the movie as the title character while Zachary Quinto plays the lead villain. Thomas Kretschmann (Stalingrad) also plays a villain.
The complete details of Hinds’ role are being kept under wraps, but it is known to be about a pivotal event involving a scientist.
Aleksander Bach is helming the movie, which will be produced by Chuck Gordon, Alex Young, and Adrian Askarieh. Daniel Alter is executive producing.
Hinds appeared in Season 3 of Game of Thrones, playing Mance Rayder, and is expected to be returning for the new season. Hinds also voiced the character of the grandpa troll in Disney’s Frozen and has Last Days in the Desert, an indie drama with Ewan McGregor and Tye Sheridan, in the can.
He is repped by CAA and Dalzell & Beresford in the U.K.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day