- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The plot for G is being kept secret but Universal is seeing it as a sci-fi disaster pic with shades of The Day After Tomorrow and Taken.
The project is based on an original idea of Management 360’s Guymon Casady, who will produce with Mark Gordon via MG360 banner, the production partnership between Gordon and Management 360.
George Nolfi and Michael Hackett of Gambit Pictures are producing as well. Leterrier’s production entity, Rabbit Hole Pictures, will also be actively involved in the production.
The team is currently out to screenwriters to write the script.
Universal’s Peter Cramer and Sara Scott will oversee the project for the studio. MG360’s Bryan Zuriff and Ben Forkner will executive produce along with Rabbit Hole’s Nick Miller.
Leterrier, repped by WME and Management 360, took a breather after directing Clash and has been ramping up his personal slate. Leterrier closing his deal on G comes a week after he signed on to direct Now You See Me, Summit’s heist movie being produced by Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci.
Leterrier would tackle G after See Me.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day