- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
When Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs ended, inventor Flint Lockwood and the residents of Swallow Falls had to leave their precious home behind due to Lockwood’s new invention that turned water into food.
In Sony Pictures Animation’s upcoming Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2, Lockwood (voiced by Saturday Night Live’s Bill Hader) has been recognized for his inventive talents. He has a steady job at The Live Corp Co. under his idol, Chester V (SNL alum Will Forte). Now, however, a discovery forces Lockwood and his gang to return to the land they left behind.
PHOTOS: 10 Inappropriately Sexy Cartoon Characters
What they find is that Lockwood’s machine has been working away while they were gone, creating food-animal hybrids like “Shrimpanzees,” “Mosquitoast,” and “Tacodiles,” which come in a “Supreme” variety.
Lockwood and his friends must now work to shut down the machine once again, before the foodie fiends invade the rest of the world.
The animated movie also features the voices of Anna Faris (What’s Your Number?), Andy Samberg (SNL), and Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother).
The 3D Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2 is scheduled to hit theaters Sept. 27.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day