- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Collection, a horror film directed by the Saw franchise’s Marcus Dunstan, will open the 12th annual Screamfest.
The horror film festival runs Oct. 12-21 at L.A. Live’s Regal Cinemas In Los Angeles.
Dunstan, along with partner Patrick Melton, wrote Saw IV, V and VI. The duo also wrote the recent Piranha 3DD.
Collection, which the duo wrote and Dunstan directed, stars Josh Stewart (The Dark Knight Rises, TV’s Criminal Minds), Emma Fitzpatrick (The Social Network) and veteran actor Christopher McDonald (HBO’s Boardwalk Empire). It follows a man who is forced to lead a team of mercenaries to rescue a woman who has become the latest obsession of a crazed killer who “collects” people in what turns out to be a booby-trapped house of horrors.
Liddell Entertainment and Fortress Features produced the movie with LD Entertainment releasing The Collection on Nov. 30.
Dunstan and Melton will be present at the Screamfest opening, as will Stewart and Fitzpatrick.
Among other Screamfest highlights is the premiere of The Factory, a John Cusack thriller that has been completed since 2008 but never seen, along with premieres of scary movies from Canada, Italy and Norway.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day