- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
For the third year running, comiXology’s digital comic app for iOS was Apple’s top-grossing non-game iPad app for 2013, the company has announced.
“In a billion-dollar marketplace with competition between over a million apps, it’s gratifying to rank as the top-grossing non-game iPad app in the entire iTunes app store,” said comiXology co-founder and CEO David Steinberger in a statement accompanying the announcement, adding that 2013 had been “a great year” for the company.
That might be an understatement. ComiXology has currently sold over six billion pages of material, significantly up from roughly two billion pages sold at the same time last year. Additionally, outside of their own app, comiXology’s technology also powers the apps for Marvel Entertainment and DC Entertainment, which also place in the top 100 top-grossing iPad apps, meaning that the company is responsible for 14 percent of the non-game apps to appear on the chart.
In addition to iOS apps, comiXology is also available for Android, Kindle Fire and Windows 8, as well as online at www.comixology.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Behind The Screen
THR Cover Story
Tribeca Film Festival