- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s good to be Eric Packer, even when it might seem otherwise.
The Robert Pattinson-portrayed wunderkind is a 28-year old billionaire, an asset manager with an appetite for mayhem, both on the personal and worldwide scale. In this new clip from Cosmopolis, the David Cronenberg-directed thriller, Packer trades obscure yet pointed dialogue with his wife (Sarah Gadon), seemingly talking past each other with just enough verbal ricochet to deliver the sting of malicious intent.
While they spar at a diner counter, protestors break in and herald the coming economic collapse with lifeless rats — perhaps a foreboding sign for the rest of Packer’s day.
Cosmopolis, based on a novel by Don DeLillo, will debut at the Cannes Film Festival later this month.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Next Big Thing