- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Robert Pattinson will once again play dark and brooding, but his latest role proves he can do more than pine and sparkle.
The Twilight star plays a 28-year-old playboy billionaire who goes for a deadly limo ride in David Cronenberg‘s upcoming Cosmopolis. Self-interested, acquisitive and nihilistic, Pattinson goes very against type from his Edward Cullen character in the vampire films, leaning more toward the manipulative philanderer of Bel Ami, which opens June 8.
From shots in nightclubs to murky bedroom closeups and havoc outside the limo, there is no romance to be found, only lavish cynicism.
Pattinson is joined in the adaptation of Don DeLillo’s hit novel by Sarah Gadon, who plays his estranged wife, while Jay Baruchel, Paul Giamatti and Samantha Morton also star.
The movie is set in New York, but was shot in Toronto.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day