- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Craig Borten is best known for his Oscar-nominated work as co-writer on the Matthew McConaughey drama Dallas Buyers Club.
But the scribe is now going to into a genre mash-up future, coming on board to do rewrite work on Inherit the Earth, the Sony sci-fi action film which has Andrew Adamson attached to direct.
The project is based on IDW’s comic Zombies vs. Robots and tells of a team of robots who must clone a lone surviving human baby and protect it from intelligent zombies.
Michael Bay’s Platinum Dunes and Circle of Confusion are producing. Oren Uziel and J.T. Petty were the previous writers.
The Inherit gig is a departure for Borten, whose work so far has been in the dramatic and true-life spheres. He is one of the writers of The 33, the story of the trapped Chilean miners, which was picked up by Alcon for a fall release via Warner Bros.
And he recently set up The Hunt for El Chapo, adapting a New Yorker article about the capture of notorious drug cartel leader Joaquin Guzman, at Universal, with Pete Berg attached to direct and produce.
He is repped by UTA and attorney Karl Austen.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Sundance Film Festival
THR Cover Story