- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
On Tuesday, after news broke that Gunn was making the move to Warner Bros., Bautista said he was ready to jump ship and join the DC film.
“Where do I sign up!” he tweeted along with a link to a story about Gunn’s move to Marvel’s comic book rival.
In July, Disney and Marvel fired Gunn as Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 director after old, offensive tweets of his were resurfaced by supporters or President Donald Trump.
The cast of the Marvel films was supportive of Gunn and released a group statement asking that Disney reconsider the firing. However, Bautista went even further. On multiple occasions, the Drax actor has blasted Disney for its decision and said he did not want to be part of the company anymore, calling it “nauseating” to work for the studio. He even tagged Disney in a few of his tweets of disgust.
Bautista also said he would not do the third film if Disney did not use Gunn’s Guardians 3 script, which had already been completed. On Aug. 24, The Hollywood Reporter broke the news that Disney had put Guardians 3 on hold indefinitely.
Bautista is expected to appear in Avengers 4, which open May 3, 2019.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day