- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
David Denman has joined the cast of Lionsgate’s Power Rangers big screen adaptation.
Denman will play the role of Sam Scott, the father of Jason Scott/Red Ranger, who is often at odds with his son over Jason’s football career.
RJ Cyler, Becky G, Ludi Lin, Naomi Scott and Dacre Montgomery will be playing the infamous teen heroes that don chromatically complementary suits, and Elizabeth Banks will play the villainous alien witch Rita Repulsa in the reimagining of the Saban Brands property.
Project Almanac helmer Dean Israelite will direct the feature from a script written by Burk Sharpless and Matt Sazama (The Last Witch Hunter).
Saban Brands’ Haim Saban and Brian Casentini will produce the project, along with Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey. Allison Shearmur will executive produce.
Denman just appeared in Michael Bay’s Benghazi war drama 13 Hours and Joel Edgerton’s psychological thriller The Gift. Next up, he will be starring in Robert Kirkman’s horror drama series Outcast for Cinemax.
He is repped by UTA, Berwick & Kovacik, and Schreck Rose.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day