- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A look at one of the biggest superhero movies that never happened is getting new life.
The Kickstarter-funded documentary Death of Superman Lives: What Happened?
looks at the proposed 1998 Superman film that would have been directed by Tim Burton and starred Nicolas Cage as the iconic hero. The script for Superman Lives, written by Kevin Smith, featured Braniac, Doomsday and Lex Luthor as villains.
Concept art and test photos of a long-haired Cage wearing an odd Superman suit have been circulating online for some time, but the documentary promises to speak with the people who would have made the film, had the plug not been pulled ahead of shooting.
The doc from director Jon Schnepp ended its Kickstarter fundraising period in March after raising more than $115,000. The film is eyeing a release next summer.
Watch the trailer below, as well as Schnepp’s original Kickstarter pitch.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Harder They Fall
The Power of the Dog