- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Den of Thieves is ready for a new score.
The team behind the recent crime thriller is reuniting for a sequel, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Director Christian Gudegast is returning to helm and will also pen the script for Den of Thieves 2. Gerard Butler is on board again to star, and O’Shea Jackson Jr. is also in talks to return.
Producers include Mark Canton and Tucker Tooley, as well as Butler and Alan Siegel via their G-BASE banner. Original star Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson is also producing through his G-Unit Film & Television banner.
Diamond Films Productions is financing and STX will distribute the follow-up to Den of Thieves, which opened in January and has grossed $57 million worldwide to date. The original saw the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department (led by Butler’s “Big Nick” Flanagan) on the hunt for a group of sophisticated bank robbers.
The sequel picks up with Big Nick tracking down bad guys on the streets of Europe and getting closer to capturing Donnie (Jackson). Donnie, meanwhile, has become caught up in the dangerous world of diamond thieves and the Panther mafia, as a heist on the world’s largest diamond exchange is being planned.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day