- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Darren Bousman is back in musical horror mode.
The director behind the cult hit Repo: The Genetic Opera has been working on a thematic follow-up to Repo titled The Devil’s Carnival, a 55-minute musical set in Hell.
Some of the Repo cast returns for the project, such as Paul Sorvino and Alexa Vega, but there are plenty of new faces, led by Jessica Lowndes, Sean Patrick Flannery, Briana Evigan, Ivan Moody, Marc Senter and rockers Clown (from the band Slipknot) and Emilie Autumn.
Terrence Zdunich, who co-wrote Repo, also wrote the music for Carnival with Saar Hendelman.
Bousman describes Carnival as being “more accessible than Repo but also a lot darker than Repo,” and says it will follow Repo in the way it reaches audiences: by going on the road.
Bousman is planning a 30-city rock tour beginning in April, turning venues into environments that tie to the movie and that will encourage audience participation. There will also be a 13-song album that gets released.
Website TheDevilsCarnival.com should have more details and officially debuts the teaser tonight but Heat Vision beat the Devil to get this first look.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day