- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jai Courtney, who most recently played Bruce Willis’ son in A Good Day to Die Hard, has joined the cast of Summit’s adaptation of Veronica Roth’s YA novel.
Courtney joins a cast that includes Shailene Woodley, Maggie Q, Zoe Kravitz and Ansel Elgort.
Neil Burger (Limitless) is directing the movie set in a future society that is divided into factions based on human traits.
Courtney will play one of Woodley’s antagonists, the face-pierced leader of the Dauntless faction named Eric.
Doug Wick and Lucy Fisher are producing the film via their Red Wagon Entertainment banner along with Pouya Shahbazian. Red Wagon’s Rachel Shane is executive producing.
Summit has set a March 21, 2014, release date.
In addition to Die Hard, Courtney also appeared with Tom Cruise in Jack Reacher. He next appears in I, Frankenstein, which opens in September.
The Australian actor is repped by UTA and The Collective and by Mark Morrissey and Associates in Australia.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Behind The Screen
THR Cover Story
Tribeca Film Festival